Papyrus Network is an open-source blockchain and decentralised applications platform, based on the Papyrus protocol, which was created as a refined version of Ethereum protocol with Proof-of-Authority consensus combined with resource management based on token staking for better scalability, security, robustness and user-friendly application interfaces.
Mission of Papyrus Network is to stimulate adoption of decentralized applications in B2C and enterprise segments across the globe by resolving issues, which are slowing down their practical adoption, such as limited network throughput, security risks, volatile transactional fees, complicated user onboarding process.
Papyrus Network is compatible with Ethereum ecosystem of 3rd party software, user wallets, developer libraries and productivity tools. Ethereum dApps can be launched within Papyrus Network, achieving improved stability, scalability, speed and security, while also simplifying user onboarding process by removing barriers like calculation of gas limit and gas price, and enabling removal of transactional fees for users completely.
• 10000x cheaper then Ethereum (no power waste, limited amount
of Authority Nodes)
• 100x faster then Ethereum (1500 tps, 1 second blocks)
• 10x more decentralized than Ethereum (47 Authority Nodes vs few Mining Pools controlling 51%+ of hashpower in Ethereum)
Major advantages of Papyrus Network:
- Proof-of-Authority consensus with variable Authority Nodes count, which is energy-efficient (no PoW waste), faster (one second blocks interval and fast block finality), cheaper (no need to store thousands of data replicas and involve thousands of nodes to consensus protocol, if protocol have governance model, which deliver same or higher level of security by utilising small number of credible Authority Nodes) and more secure (small scale PoW networks are subject to 51% reorg attacks, dPoS networks are subject to the power of minority (“whales”) of large token holders), than other approaches for the public distributed ledger network consensus.
- Token staking as a way to allocate network resources, similar to the one in EOS network, where network resources are tokenised and application developers are able to use subscription model to pay for network resources by staking resource tokens. Staking enables developers to have predictable cost on their application operations, ability to have reliable models for their financials, and allows developers to provide free-of-charge transactions for their application users, so that dApp can be accessed even by those with an empty wallet, if application smart contract allows it. In EOS each user requires to pay for account creation, while in Papyrus Network users do not need to pay to engage with dApps, if dApp cover resource consumption with token staking. That is a major advantage and enabler for user-friendly dApp interfaces and improvement of user acquisition and onboarding.
- Programmed decentralized governance and high network security, based on User Agreement and Network BIOS contract, which splits power between Authority Nodes and token holders, and tries to establish system of checks and balances to ensure that everyone is incentivised to behave in a best way to achieve better Papyrus Network service and wider Papyrus Network adoption, also providing instruments to tolerate attack attempts and maintain efficient self-governance. Papyrus Network sets initial governance vision and implementation and supports upgrades of its BIOS contract, which may be executed by the community according to certain rules.
- Ethereum ecosystem compatibility, including developer libraries and productivity tools, wallets and Solidity smart contracts. It enables smooth usage of Papyrus Network by the Ethereum developers community.
Papyrus open source software:
-Papyrus Wallet: https://wallet.papyrus.network/
-Papyrus Explorer: https://explorer.papyrus.network/
-Papyrus network is connected to the Ethereum MainNet via Papyrus bridge:
Papyrus will be Listed on Atomars
Papyrus (PPR) has announced that it will be listed on Atomars on 7th of December and trading pair will be: PPR/ETH.
Atomars is the latest digital assets trading platform on the cryptocurrency marketplace that currently builds a connection between fiat and cryptocurrencies. The Atomars platform is a fast, safe, secure and user-friendly platform that seeks to make trading easy for everyone. You can find any of the major cryptos like Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, Litecoin, Dash and more on the platform. They have a web and mobile app which makes it easy and fun trading on the go.